Dear LTHMS Families,
We are excited to welcome back our students and staff for the 2018-2019 school year at L. Thomas Heck Middle School. We hope that our students have enjoyed a restful and relaxing summer, and we can’t wait to welcome them back for a year filled with exciting opportunities to learn and grow. It is our goal to help our PRIDE families feel comfortable and prepared as we start the next school year. The first day of school is Monday, August 6 th. School begins at 8:45am and ends at 3:50pm.
To get us off to a great start, we invite all of our families to attend our Open House on Thursday, August 2nd, from 4:00pm to 7:00pm. At this event, students and parents will be able to accomplish the following:
● Meet your homeroom teacher and team of teachers
● Visit with special area teachers: art, drama, music, PE, choir
● Meet Nurse Chris, hand in updated immunization reports, and ask any questions you may have
● Sign up for ParentVue (a useful tool for accessing student grades)*Please bring photo ID
● Pick up information on sports and clubs
● Set up lunch accounts
● Meet our PRIDE PTO
● Use computers to access transportation information from the district web site
● Locks will NOT be sold during open house. We would like our students and parents to spend time connecting with teachers. Locks will be sold during the first week of school for 6th graders and new students. Please bring $5.00 cash ONLY!
● As you shop for school clothing, please take a look at the district dress code information and items that might not be permitted. Information can be found by visiting www.lesd.k12.az.us - click on the “Parent Resources” button in pink and then “dress code”. Remember that with leggings, your shirt must cover to mid-thigh.
● Suggested supply lists can be found on the district web site - www.lesd.k12.az.us - click on “Parent Resources” and you will find a box called Supply Lists. We highly suggest waiting until open house to learn which team your student is assigned to before purchasing supplies!
● Transportation information can be found on our district web site www.lesd.k12.az.us - click on the round school bus link under the rotating photo to access bus routes. You will also receive information about your route by mail.
● Stay up to date with events and campus happenings by following the LTH Facebook page (@LThomasHeck) We hope you will help participate in making our PTO sponsored programs successful by volunteering and joining the PTO. You will find a membership form at our Open House table. If you have any questions about the PTO that we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to like their Facebook page (@LThomasHeckPTO) where you’ll be kept up to date about the school.
Thank you for your support and for being a part of the LTHMS community. We are here to assist you with any questions you might have and look forward to seeing everyone at our Open House. We are proud of our students and staff, and look forward to making this a fantastic school year.
Mrs. Kristin Casillas, Principal