Governing Board Elections
MCESA administers Governing Board elections in compliance with Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S. §15-421).
Support services available to all candidates:
- Provide election information to candidates, media, and school districts
- Source of petitions and related campaign documents
- Provide campaign packets to prospective candidates
- Receive all candidate filings
- Issue certificates of election and oaths of office to those elected
- Custodian of all related records
Governing Board Appointments
When a Governing Board vacancy is declared, whether mid-term or because no candidate has come forward to run for a seat, the County Superintendent of Schools is authorized by statute to appoint a qualified elector from the District to fill the seat.