You are the proud parent of a wonderful middle school student and we are excited to partner with you at one of our amazing middle school sites.
Middle school philosophy is one that puts your child at the center of the middle school experience. In 2012, the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) published their most recent information which included what they believe should be for essential attributes for successful schools for young adolescents. (Current Issues in Middle Level Education (2014) 19 (1) 13-19; Edwards, Kemp and Page) The following key components are corner stones to working with young adolescents:
- Developmentally Responsive
- Using the nature of young adolescents as the foundation on which all decisions are made.
- Recognizes that every student can learn and that everyone is held to high expectations.
- Provides all students with the knowledge and skills they need to take control of their lives.
- Advocating for every student’s right to learn and providing challenging and relevant learning opportunities.
(AMLE, 2021,p. xii)
For more information regarding the Middle School philosophy please read This We Believe
16 Characteristics of Successful Schools