Cold and Flu Season is Upon Us
To help prevent the spreading of colds and flu in our school family, we recommend that your student stay home if experiencing cold and flu symptoms.
Here are some common signs and symptoms:
- Fever greater than 100 degrees by mouth
- Vomiting (even once)
- General malaise or feelings of fatigue, discomfort, weakness, or muscle aches
- Frequent congested (wet) or croupy cough
- Lots of nasal congestion with frequent blowing of nose
This is what we encourage of our students while they are at school:
- Frequent hand washing
- Cover mouth with tissue or arm (not hand) when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid sharing personal products that may be contaminated, such as water bottles
- Cleaning of desks, activity areas, and tables
Thank you for your support in promoting health and wellness in our schools!